Members and guests alike are more than welcome to attend & enter our rodent shows. Even if you aren't going to enter on the day, there are plenty of rats & mice to cuddle, plenty of rat & mouse owners to chat to, rat & mouse merchandise is available and it's a great place to meet some registered rodent breeders & their animals. However there are a few things to keep in mind when you attend our shows, as listed below.
- Only Registered Breeders of QRF are allowed to sell animals, trade animals, or advertise their rodentries on the day.
- Only Financial Members of QRF are allowed to sell merchandise on the day.
- To enter rodents you must be attending on the day. Someone may not enter your rodents on your behalf. Rodent showing is a fun social event, so we try to encourage members to be involved on the day rather than simply sending their rodents off to come back with awards.
- Guests & members alike are welcome to bring along rats or mice for company even if they aren't entered in the show. However, every animal that comes into the hall on the show day must fit the following requirements:
- The rat or mouse must be lice & mite treated at least 48 hours before being brought to the show. You can buy "Ivomec" or "Revolution" from your pet shop or vet to treat your rats & mice. Simply dab a small drop behind each ear and your rats & mice are covered. This is to prevent the spread of bugs at our rodent shows.
- The rat or mouse must be at least 6 weeks old.
- The rat or mouse must not be pregnant or nursing.
- The rat or mouse must be in good health with clear breathing.
- Any enclosures brought to QRF Inc. events must be cleaned and in good condition with fresh bedding materials. Rodents should have access to food and water throughout the day, as well as access to safe areas inside of hutches/hides. Enclosures should not be overcrowded, any enclosure that is housing a few more rodents than is recommended for the enclosures size should contain an adequate amount of extra enclosure furnishings to accommodate a slight increase in numbers. Any enclosure in poor condition, that is dirty or has old beddings, does not provide access to amenities or severely overcrowded is strictly not permitted to events hosted by QRF Inc.